Friday, August 22, 2008

Life in the fast lane

I can feel the burn for sure.

I think it's really interesting
how 6 months ago I was unemployed and suffering from a slight bought of
depression and anxiety. I was ready to bite down hard and start easing
my way down a slow spiral towards an abyss of hopelessness and self
loathing.

To put it mildly.

No since then I can't say
I've "Made it" by any means.. nor have I even come close to "breaking
in". But what I do have is fucking busy schedule! and that to me is
awesome.

My day basically consists of this.

8:00 - Wake up/hit snooze
8:30 - get out of bed, get dressed.
8:45 - Go running by the lachine canal.
9:20 - Get home, shower, pretty myself up
9:40 - Leave for work
Get Coffee
10:00 - Start work as Adam: Student Life Animator
12:00 - Eat lunch and work on "Dog Sitter" as Adam: Producer
Get Coffee
1:00 - Back to work as Adam: Student Life Animator
4:00 - still at work but I find time to be Adam: Corporate Filmmaker
Get Coffee
6:00 - Leave work
6:15 - Get home, make supper as Adam: Super Boyfriend.
7:30 - Work on a different Contract as Adam: Entrepreneur
9:00 - Shift to final draft and do some writing as Adam: Screenwriter
11:00 - Add to my blog here or dvxuser.com as Adam Blogger
12:00 - Fight sleep to read a book about film making as Adam: Film Student!
1:00 - Question why I am up so late and head to bed.
1:15 - Attempt a make out with sleeping girlfriend as Adam: Not-so-Super Boyfriend!
1:30 - Dream about acceptance speech.

This is so much better than my old schedule:
11:00 - Wake up
11:02 - Panic
11:30 - Send CV/Check Email/Look for job posting
2:00 - Masturbate
2:30 - Panic
3:00 - Send CV/Check Email/Look for job posting
4:00 - Clean something
5:00 - Eat something
5:30 - Panic
6:00 - Try to eat supper with girlfriend.
7:00 - Panic
8:00 - Send CV/Check Email/Look for job posting
10:00 - Panic
1:45 - Eat everything.
11:00 - Go to bed
12:00 - get up and Send CV/Check Email/Look for job posting
2:00 - Panic
4:00 - Fall Asleep, wake up, fall asleep, wake up...etc
7:00 - Dream about panicking

It's a wonder my girl stayed with me.
I'm going to buy her a ridiculously large present...no, it's not a ring.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well Adam,
I must say I had wondered how many coffees a day you had consumed. and now.. I have the answer! I am suprised you are not having heart palpitations by now though haha. I like this blog and although I can only see you as Adam: student coordinator extrordinaire, I hope you make it as Adam: film mongrol!