Thursday, October 9, 2008

Time Machine!

I am only a day away from the production of Dog Sitter.  We start early Saturday morning and film for three days.

Last night I had the final round of rehearsals as well as a production meeting.
Today I visited a prop house for the first time.  Although I found it incredibly interesting and could probably stay there for hours, I think it's quite boring to explain and I'll spare you the details.  But it was cool!

It sounds little silly but when I came home tonight I found a call sheet waiting for me in my inbox.  It was very exciting.  I've seen a whole whack of theses papers in the past but this time my name was next to Director.  I don;t know why I feel like I shouldn't be excited but I am.  And I am going to ride this feeling because who knows when the next time this will happen. 

Tomorrow I am filming some stuff for the contract that gave me my jump start.  I kinda wish I didn't have to do it but its got to get done.  I probably won't sleep very well tomorrow night. I bet I'm going to wake up a half-dozen times checking the clock to make sure that I won't be late.

I found the first peace of writing I did for this movie.  It was just a document that I made where I brainstormed some ideas I had.  It's amazing because some of the ideas, in fact exact sentences were transposed into a script and about 8 drafts later it was made.  The thing that really fascinated me is that it was created on July 24, 2007. Over a year ago!

I never would have thought that over a year after writing this brain storm on a slow mac clamshell computer while sitting by a beach in Sutton, would this movie ever be made.  And here I am.  On the verge of creating this film that so far, I'm proud of.

Truly unbelievable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Everything is going to be great Adam, unless there is a zombie apocalypse. But then, you probably won't care too much about your movie.