Monday, August 23, 2010

Dog Sitter on the big screen!


Two Words: HOLY SHIT!

That's how I felt about seeing my film on the big screen! It was amazing! Seeing all my hard work come together. And to play in front of an audience! Who can ask for anything better than that! It was such an amazing feeling sugar coated in the new experience of it all. I wonder if big Hollywood filmmakers still get a kick out of seeing there film play to an audience as much as I did last Saturday.

So there was about 75 people in attendance and that is awesome. On Facebook 90 people confirmed and that usually means (Facebook confirmed Divided by 3 = actual attendance) so I was super happy that there was a handsome crowd to witness everything.

After the show I was swamped by people congratulating me. It was overwhelming to say the least. I want to talk t everyone cause they all made room in their schedule to see my movie and I was SO appreciative. But alas, I could only talk to a handful of people. The compliments I got where wonderful. Here are some favorites that keep ringing in my head.

"I have two dogs at home and I would never leave you alone with them."

"I love how uncomfortable it got at the end."

"That was very Todd Solondz."

These are sooo flattering.

MUST....NOT...GET....INTO...HEAD.................INFLATING...STEADILY....

So whats next? I can't even tell you how excited I am to get this film in festivals. I'm really gonna look forward to telling you all about my festival experiences as (if) they happen.

Once again, a big thank you to everyone who came out to support. Lindsay for making such a ridiculously kick ass poster in a short amount of time. Jim (Editor) and Emory (Sound God) for plowing through to get this done on time. And Faisal (Producer) for helping compile the films and sell tickets and being so uncontrollably awesome and being excited for me to be excited about all of this.

Honestly. This feels so good.

No comments: