Monday, May 30, 2011

The end of an era.



My new Rail City Media website is coming along and it looks great. It's going to be something I'll be really proud of to show to people. It's gonna have so much going on:
- News updates
- Merch store
- Videos
- Tutorials
- Info about new projects

...and so much more. There is even going to be all the information about the new film festival I am creating. It's going to be a really cool place to check out and spend some time on.

That being said, I realize I don't update this blog very much and I think I will be updating it even less when the new website is launched. So I have decided to end this blog here. It's kinda sad when you think of it. I look back on all the posts I had in the beginning and it is amazing how far I have come. This blog has documented pretty well the beginning stages of a successful career in film. In the beginning, when I was struggling to find my footing, when I was going through stressful or emotional times, I was pretty honest on these pages. And although it didn't last for years and didn't have a gigantic readership, I am sad to see this go.

Even the very name of this blog doesn't fit anymore. This is not my new job anymore. It's my job and it feels great but it's been a few years now. I realize that I am at a point where I am having people call me instead of searching for work constantly. Which is really nice. It makes me feel like my job isn't just something that I do from time to time or something that's in my head. One of the things I have felt for a long time is that I have been embarrassed to tell people I am a director or producer when asked my occupation. It just sounded like I was lying or exaggerating. I don't feel that anymore. I feel pride.

I also still feel excitement. That is something that is important to me. I need to be excited about what I am doing and film work has never let me down. Every new project is so exciting. The creativity is stimulating and the projects are challenging and thats why I love working in film. It's not easy at all. In fact it's the hardest thing I've ever done professionally.

So this isn't the end for me. I'm not saying goodbye to you. In fact you can find me at my new website www.railcitymedia.com which will be launched in about a month. I will be blogging/posting there. But this is really me saying goodbye to this blog. It's probably much more sentimental to me than to you but I hope there have been some things that have connected with you. Thanks Blog for being there and not judging me.

Just a couple of things to mention before I end it here.

1) I was voted the 10th best local filmmaker in Montreal in the Mirror Magazine.
2) Dogsitter has been accepted into 2 more film Festivals: Fantasia and Mascara & Popcorn, both of which are in Montreal.
3) go to www.railcitymedia.com and check out the new site when it launches.

Woohoo!!!

Finaly, to end, somebody once told me that "It's never too late to be who you could have been." and I think that's so true. I am living that right now and I hope you do too. Be that person. Live that life. Be happy!

See you soon.


Yours truly,

Adam Reider
Director, Producer

No comments: